Star Wars Resistance is here! The animated series follows Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Visit StarWars.com following each episode for a full guide featuring fun facts, galleries, and more.
Welcome to the Resistance! A new era of Star Wars animation has begun with “The Recruit,” the two-part series premiere of Star Wars Resistance.
Episode: “The Recruit”
Original Air Date: October 7, 2018
Supervising Director: Justin Ridge
Story: Dave Filoni
Directors: Steward Lee and Saul Ruiz
Writer: Brandon Auman
Poe Dameron assigns the gifted but green Resistance pilot Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono to an undercover mission: he will pose as a racer on the Colossus, a massive refueling platform on the Outer Rim ocean planet Castellon. Sources tell the Resistance that someone on Castellon is helping the First Order, and Kaz must find out who it is. On the Colossus, Kaz meets Yeager, Tam, Neeku, and their trusty, slightly rusty astromech, Bucket — together, they form Team Fireball, named for Kaz’s ship.
Introducing: Bucket’s List
More from Bucket’s List
- The X-wings in the opening sequence are the T-85 model — the latest version of the craft first introduced as the T-65 in the original Star Wars. The X-wings seen in the Resistance are a slightly older model, the T-70.
- Early notes about Kaz’s character describe him as “like a bird, hopping around clumsily on the ground, but put him in the air and he is awesome.”
- Hyperdrive-equipped TIE fighters were a rarity in the days of the Galactic Empire, but the current technology of the First Order makes it possible, especially in high-end models like Major Vonreg’s ship.
- The New Republic crest was first described in the Aftermath series of novels; this is its first on-screen appearance.
- Greg Proops returns to Star Wars to voice a race announcer, but it’s not the two-headed announcer from The Phantom Menace’s podrace. Although the voice is the same, it’s more akin to a copycat invoking a classic announcer style.
- Torra Doza’s stats, translated from Aurebesh, list the following:
- Time in Top 5 – 100%
- Challenge Rate – 87%
- Finishes – 100%
- Wins – 100%
- Wins By Disqualification – 100%
- Top Speed – 92%
- The sign outside the shop that Flix and Orka run identifies it as “OFFICE OF ACQUISITIONS.”
- Gorgs were first introduced in the Mos Espa street market sequence of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. A hapless Jar Jar Binks tried to eat a gorg from an angry vendor without paying for it first.
- Aunt Z
- Aunt Z’s Tavern
- Black Ace
- Blue Ace
- Bo Keevil
- Bolza Grool
- Bucket (R1-J5)
- Doza Tower
- Freya Fenris
- Green Ace
- Griff Halloran
- Hype Fazon
- Jarek Yeager
- Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono
- Neeku Vozo
- Poe Dameron
- Red Ace
- Tam Ryvora
- Torra Doza
- Yellow Ace
Star Wars Resistance airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel.
StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
Go to Source
Author: StarWars.com Team